Contract Period: 8 weeks
Old Millmead House is a local authority owned Grade 2 Listed building which has been converted from residential use to commercial use.
Due to the nature of the building we had to work closely with both the councils in house Conservation team and the Health and Safety department to ensure that the project was carried out safely as well as preserving the historical importance of the building.
The works undertaken included the following:
- Erection of an Independent scaffold structure to the building and the fire escape staircase.
- Structural repairs to brick arches above windows.
- Repairs to building facade including re-pointing of lime mortar/re-facing of spalled brickwork.
- Repairs & redecoration to timber sash windows.
- Structural stiffening of and refurbishment of external fire escape staircase.
Click to open full size images.